Bedgebury Summer Series happens once a month in the summer months. Anyone from another club or individuals can race. There is a fee of £10 payable when registering on the day. The senior race involves a mass start although entrants are split into categories of Youth, Senior, Women and Veteran.
Racing happens on a dedicated singletrack in the woods separately from the Red Route and continues for about an hour when the first past the final flag is the overall winner. Places are also given to those in their related categories. Racing is good natured and entrants are from a full range of abilities.
Regular race meetings have the same Timetable.
HQ is Club Training Area.
- 09.30 am Registration
- 09.35 am Race Track available for Pre-ride after Registration
- 10.30 am U8 Duration 10 minutes Area Christmas Trees
- 10.40 am U10 Duration 10 minutes Area Christmas Trees
- 10.55 am U12 Duration 15 Minutes Area Christmas Trees and Oak Plantation
- 11.20 am Seniors/Juniors/Women/Veterans Duration 60 mins Area Full Circuit
- 11.30 am Youth Under 16 Duration 40 mins Area Full Circuit
- 11.40 am Juvenile Under 14 Duration 30 mins Full Circuit
The Leader will receive the Bell so as to Finish as near as possible just over 60 minutes, all riders will receive the bell on this lap. The Race Distance will probably be 6 or 7 laps of the Full Circuit depending on conditions.
The series will be run as simply as possible, but there are a few rules needed to help create a good environment for all to enjoy the racing.
- Racing on dates shown.
- Racing starts at 10.40am.
- Get there early and sign on, practice opens at 9.45am or earlier if the course is ready.
- Entry on the line only, entry closes 15 mins before start of event.
- The senior races finish at about 12.15pm, everyone finishes on the same lap as the winner (stop at flag).
- There is a maximum field of 100 riders. So please arrive as early as possible and give yourself time to pre-ride the course.
- We will have qualified first-aiders on site, though we hope you won’t need them.
- You don’t need a race license or be affiliated to any club or governing body.
- The organisers will try to get provisional results out as soon as possible. We will post results on the club notice board and the website so riders can see what happened in the previous race.
Inquiries – email@example.com
I need helpers for each of these dates. Last year I had to rely on a small band of loyal people. This year I would like more people to do a little so if you can help in 1 or more of these dates it would make my life easier. If there are not sufficient volunteers then the events will have to be cancelled. I need 2 people to help with marking the course, two for Registration, 3 for Lap Scoring, 3 Marshalls and 2 First Aiders. I look forward to being inundated with offers of assistance, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org